The Programming Manual you have been waiting for. David Graham, former Project Manager for CRE Loaded, and Kerry Watson, author of many books on CRE Loaded and osCommerce, team up to give you everything you want and need to know on the subject. This freely downloadable version includes 3 free chapters and can be unlocked by purchasing the eBook .
This book includes:
General Background Information including:
1. What is CRE Loaded?
2. Essential Background Information about the project and the software.3. eCommerce Fundamentals: An overview of the ecommerce environment.
Essential Programming Information including:
4. How CRE Loaded Works: An Overview of directory structure, inclusion file storage, file configuration, language system and coding considerations including register globals.
5. The CRE Loaded Database: Covers the database schema, osCommerce specific database access functions, and some essential information on factors impacting database usage in CRE Loaded. Includes table information and diagrams for core systems, and valuable information on CRE Loaded configuration systems.
6. CRE Loaded Modules: Addresses the osCommerce module system, and pertinent classes including the Payment, Shipping, Order and Order Total classes and more. New! Now with step by step instructions on how to construct CRE Loaded Modules.
Site Customization and Modification Information including:
7. CRE Loaded Templates: Explains the CRE Loaded implementation of the Basic Template System and the design of the Advanced Template System.
8. CRE Customization features: Outlines the features provided for safe integration of customizations.
9. RCI - Runtime Code Inclusion: Covers CRE Loaded's newest customization supporting system.
10. Now with RCO - Runtime Content Override coverage!
Who is this book for?
* TECHNICAL readers and programmers with intermediate to advanced web and PHP experience
* Serious eCommerce managers who want to understand the workings of their site.
* Anyone who wants to spend time selling with CRE Loaded instead of searching the web for technical data needed to build sites with it!
The first in a series of books which will explain the inner workings of CRE Loaded. This volume provides some ecommerce background material, offers a general discussion of programming concepts central to the software and covers file structure, template structure and other essential material for anyone planning to code for CRE Loaded.
The attached eBook module may be downloaded at no charge, and Chapter's 1 and 5 are freely viewable. Purchase of a product key is required for full eBook functionality.
What Customers Have to Say:
Lesley (web designer): "about all I have to say is... WOW! When we originally spoke I was a bit intimidated and afraid that the book would be completely over my head but you explain things so well and made everything so easy to understand that I was amazed at how helpful this book will be to me (and has been already)."
Note: This book is neither approved nor endorsed by Chain Reaction Design, Inc, or Chain Reaction Ecommerce.